Wednesday 19 July 2017

I'd been searching


Have you finally opened your eyes?
But why is it that you still won't meet my gaze.
"You're late", you say angrily
but even so I rushed here as fast as I could.
My heart rushed here faster than my body could
Just the sight of your hair and your eyes make my chest hurt
Breathing in the same moment with you, I don't want to let it go
The voice I've known since long ago
What should I say as my first words?
I'd been searching for you many lives before you were even born
setting my sights on that awkward smile, I made it where I am now
Even if you were to lose everything and be shattered to the winds
I'll never lose my way again,
I'd just start searching again from step 1
Or maybe I should start the whole universe again from zero.
Where should I start relaying
The part of this story that happened while you were asleep
I've come to tell you a tale that spans many thousand light years
but the second your form is reflected in these eyes
I wanna joke and play around with a version of you you've never met
I want to try loving you all the way down to your eternal pain
We met at the far extremes of so many galaxies
How should I grasp your hand to keep it from falling apart?
I'd been searching for you many lives before you were even born
setting my sights on that annoying voice and those tears
I made it where I am now
Once we're both here on the night before our revolution who could possibly stop us?
I'll never lose my way again, I'll hoist this flag from within your heart.
You stole from me my ability to ever give up.


No comments:

Post a Comment