Saturday 15 July 2017

A tale of Love? Friendship?




Let me share another story today. A tale of Love? Friendship? Well I don't know and neither can I judge till date. Though this is a very
Allow me to start from the very beginning, from when I met them. Neha, Sunil and Kartik were my lab partner, so that's how we came to met.  Sunil made this group in WhatsApp where we shared our record notes and slowly it became a personal chat forum. Kartik, he was a friend of Neha from first semester. I came in two their life in 3rd semester towards the ending.
OK, so I was just a normal friend to Neha, "ziyada baat nahi, hi, hello bas" (translation : we didn't talk much except for a few exchanges of hi, hello) and during then there was another headache of mine, my ex  πŸ€£ .

So one day, this is around the mid of 4th semester. I was depressed GF issues, so Sunil used to call me out in the evenings. So this evening when I arrived, I saw Neha surrounded by Kartik and Sunil. Both trying to console her and convince her. At the time I was clueless, "ho kya raha hai?"(translation : What's happening!?). So they gave me a short version. Her BF doesn't treats her well , she should break up. Her argument I really love him, I don't wanna hurt him by breaking up. As the convincing goes on I realised the following,
Neha, milne jaati hai usse milne(translation : goes to meet him) every weekend and holidays , he stays 23 km away + Bangalore traffic (the headache), and he doesn't appreciate it.
Boyfriend doesn't care about her. Boyfriend doesn't even bother and only likes spending time with friends leaving her by herself in his room.
Neha is the one trying to hard to keep the relationship even going.
Neha is the "guy" in the relationship.
They tried convincing  her a lot and her arguments were worthless , so the best thing a girl would do in such a situation... she started crying. So we quit at it for then, I had to drop her to her PG. Then at night I texted her, personally, telling her whatever those guys spoke was nonsense.
If you believe in your relationship do whatever to keep it, but remember to stay happy, and all similar nonsense advices 😜.
For a few days it was quite. Nothing happened out of ordinary. Then, the next thing I heard she asked him(the BF) for a break up, and then the guy promised he'd try to change. So they continued their relationship.
Then again after a month... (In the background  Kartik trying his hardest to convince Neha to break up with him(the BF), at the time I had no clue, this was happening). I hear the news, Neha broke up.
How I came to know, Neha hugged Kartik after class and left.
When I asked, he told they broke up. "Odd laga uss time thoda" (translation : Felt a little odd/awkward), but whatever, I didn't care. Later that day I heard, from 2/3 days the BF is calling Neha repeatedly and she's ignoring every call. He even tried to reach her through their common friends and flatmates too. Irritating her and everyone around her. Don't know all the details, but you can imagine, what a guy would do  if he's desperate enough. After a few days of this, he comes over from his college waits for her in front of her PG all day. Next thing I know she goes back to his PG with her. And stays missing for the next 3 days. On the fourth day Kartik was full depressed, he won't talk to anyone and was ignoring Neha completely. As soon as the classes got over he would bolt out.
2-3 days went, I realised Arpit(the Boyfriend) and Neha were back together.
Kartik also had cooled off. Neha and Kartik were talking again.
2-3 weeks went by..., and then again the same drama began, but this time there was a new reason,
"Arpit doesn't like me hanging out with my friends after college", stated Neha.
(I still am unaware of what Kartik is scheming in the background.)
So similar drama breaking up, BF doing nonsense to convince her to stay. Once even cutting his hand and making a video and sending it. Him coming to her doorstep. She leaving with him. Patching up. Kartik's mood off  just after these incidents. Had become a periodic thing.
During these times I saw so a lot more nautanki, other than these that realised haan they should break up. Things like Neha sitting so very close to Kartik all the time, spoon feeding him and him to her... Him taking care of her always, during all days, always checking up on her. Her also, always caring for him. I was, (no, I am) convinced these two should be together. And that she had to break up with the other guy for good.
Then came our holidays and during which I and Kartik got to spend some quality time together. We would talk and discuss plans of future and share some business ideas as well as how we could earn some pocket money for ourselves. So me, Kartik, Sunil and few of your friends organised a workshop to earn ourselves some pocket money. We were looking forward to just a small turnout, but it turned out to be a huge event with a  turnout of 140+ attendees. We were all very happy and to celebrate we planned a trip to Coorg. And during the trip  the things that I got to saw! πŸ™ˆ
No, no kissing or... (Stop your imagination there.) πŸ˜†
But some serious, couple stuff. You know romantic movie, romance scenes, Ek Chadar pe ke neeche dono (translation : Sharing a blanket), sitting in the garden, cuddling, and much more. Let's say the phace was very romantic song like in the bollywood movies. Out on a trip with friends, visiting places, singing songs, eating at various places, a homestay at Coorg, a campfire at night and the romance between the two in it. Wow, really romantic isn't it. πŸ™‚
Our college life continues, and then one night, out of nowhere, I get a call around 11:40 in the night. It was Arpit. He's spouting stuff like stay away from her and shit. So basically what he thought was Sunil and Neha had something going on and that Sahil had previously beat him up over some words that Arpit talked about him.

Toh papa mere side mei, and it was night and he's spouting nonsense. And I am in a fix, what do I do? I couldn't just start shouting at him in the middle of the night and also my dad believes I am quite a decent guy, who doesn't involve himself in such nonsense. Nonsenses like fighting, arguments, girl troubles, etc. Toh Maine diplomatically, shuddh angrezi mein usse jhad di(translation : In a very diplomatic manner I scolded him).
Uss din Jo heights pe tha mera tashan 😳 I myself was like wow.
And then the awkwardness of me having to explain all the situation to my dad at night
Then I had a conversation with Kartik that night and this is how it went,

[26/01, 00:14] Bunny: Next time ek heads up de Sakta hai?
[26/01, 00:14] Kartik: ?
[26/01, 00:14] Kartik: Heads up?
[26/01, 00:14] Bunny: The piece of shit called
[26/01, 00:15] Bunny: Jis junior ne mera no. Diya uski kal πŸ‘
[26/01, 00:15] Kartik: Kya hua
[26/01, 00:15] Kartik: I dint get u
[26/01, 00:16] Bunny: My dad got really angry😑
[26/01, 00:16] Bunny: Arpit
[26/01, 00:16] Kartik: Wtf
[26/01, 00:16] Kartik: Explain now full scene
[26/01, 00:16] Bunny: U go first
[26/01, 00:17] Kartik: Where
[26/01, 00:17] Bunny: What shit happened I want to know to explain full scene
[26/01, 00:18] Bunny: Leave kal subah I talk i'll sleep
[26/01, 00:18] Bunny: U too sleep
[26/01, 00:18] Kartik: Ok
[26/01, 00:18] Kartik: Wat did he tell u
[26/01, 00:19] Bunny: N just check if she's still in pg , confirm of
[26/01, 00:19] Kartik: She is bro
[26/01, 00:19] Kartik: I guess Sushmita had called u up
[26/01, 00:19] Bunny: Ek aur bar confirm kar
[26/01, 00:19] Kartik: He wasn't here
[26/01, 00:20] Kartik: Bro I was on a call till now with her
[26/01, 00:20] Kartik: She was sleeping
[26/01, 00:20] Kartik: And I was online
[26/01, 00:20] Bunny: ✌🏻
[26/01, 00:20] Bunny: I'll explain tomorrow
[26/01, 00:20] Kartik: Actually wen she sleeps she generally tells me to stay on the line
[26/01, 00:21] Kartik: Sushmita must hav told u that he had Come here
[26/01, 00:21] Bunny: Nope
[26/01, 00:21] Bunny: Jaldi morning usko pick karne chale Jaana take Bishal with you too
[26/01, 00:21]  Kartik: Y
[26/01, 00:21] Bunny: Arpit called
[26/01, 00:21] Kartik: Wat he told
[26/01, 00:21] Bunny: He might be waiting
[26/01, 00:22] Kartik: No bro
[26/01, 00:22] Kartik: Wat he told
[26/01, 00:23] Bunny: I handled it diplomatically, I said solve your own problems don't involve me
N I would appreciate if you didn't call this late at night
[26/01, 00:23] Kartik: Wat was he asking
[26/01, 00:23] Bunny: He has been waiting in front of her pg for about 3hrs now....
[26/01, 00:24] Kartik: Speak to me for few min then u go sleep
[26/01, 00:24] Kartik: Wat he asked
[26/01, 00:24] Bunny: Bol Raha tha stay away from her
                                     Mai bol diya it's her decision to make not yours
                                     Solve your problems dude
[26/01, 00:25] Kartik: Bro pls detail Mei bolna
[26/01, 00:25] Kartik: Pls
[26/01, 00:25] Bunny: Text pe details na ho payega
[26/01, 00:25] Bunny: Chill
[26/01, 00:25] Bunny: Tomorrow morning
[26/01, 00:25] Bunny: Now sleep
[26/01, 00:25] Kartik: Tereko kuch bola kya O
[26/01, 00:30] Bunny: Threat kiya
Mai bhi bol diya know your place and consider your situation.
Toh wo thoda hichkichaya phir bola look I am in a bad situation, ... I have been waiting for... I don't have anything against you, only against Sunil cause he spoke ill about my dad ... I know you are like a brother to her, I don't understand why you all want to get in between our relationship... I really love her
Mai bol diya it's your issue I do not want to get into your personal matters you need to convince her not me
I would really appreciate if you didn't bother me
[26/01, 00:31] Kartik: Kya threat kiya
[26/01, 00:31] Bunny: Wahi it won't be good for you...
[26/01, 00:32] Kartik: Louda k ball ko bol merese baat karne Agar phir se call kiya toh
Abhi jaake gaand faddunga
[26/01, 00:33] Bunny: Chill bas make sure Neha doesn't meet him
[26/01, 00:33] Kartik: Saale ko samjhade k na baap ka raaj nahi hai yaha pe keh k
[26/01, 00:33] Kartik: Ya
[26/01, 00:33] Kartik: Subhe 8 be here
[26/01, 00:34] Kartik: Or even before
[26/01, 00:35] Bunny: Gandu Ko diplomacy mei dekhata wait
Phir se kuch bola tho sidhe bol Dunga police Ko complaint kar denge that it harassing/ Eve teasing
[26/01, 00:35] Kartik: O sab kuch nahi phir se call aya tho Bata re Mei baat karunga
[26/01, 00:38] Bunny: Abe ladai avoid for Neha's sake
Agar lade tho we'll definitely win par he'll get simpathy
So avoid
Instead threaten and keep him away till things are chill n Neha has got over him completely uske Baad bacha gaya
[26/01, 00:39] Bunny: Don't worry he won't call today saale Ko itna sunaya Raat Ko call karne ka that he'll be foolish to call
[26/01, 00:39] Bunny: Chal ab so ja

Funny conversation right. But the things that happens next are way more comical.
Kartik was all psyched the next morning at college. I got to hear the story of what has been going on till date in detail. The scene was a week ago Neha told him they are done then blocked him. He has been trying to contact her since. He blames all her friends, for breaking them up, not that I am saying we're not.
That day evening after college, an entire battalion lead by Kartik goes to drop Neha to her PG.
And there he was , waiting... Arpit. So Neha stalls us, says she'll go talk to him alone. They go talk for like a long time. During this, Sunil more crazy than ever. Brings his gang. Kartik gets impatient of waiting. Neha and Arpit took a walk while talking to some quiet place and we were asked not to follow. So Kartik decides to go in search, I accompany him. We find them near a park.
Kartik directly goes catches Neha's hand and pulls her towards him. Arpit gets angry. Neha consoles Kartik and says, I'll be back in a few seconds. And takes Arpit to the side.
Another 10 min pass Kartik gets really impatient and  confronts Neha, and says bohot hogaya, it's time to leave. So Arpit comments,  "who r u? Don't interfere", while Neha defends Arpit and stops him from confronting Kartik, all the while crying.  And I pull Kartik away. Both walk away from each other,  while Arpit makes another comment, Kartik gets all angry and shouts back few slangs, the other guy replies back. A fight had almost started when, I interfere push Kartik back as he was going to punch the other guy. I too shout back at Arpit, telling him to mind his own business and back away. An hour or more passes by, and then Neha returns with Arpit. Neha explains a few stuff to Kartik while Arpit apologises to me for the previous night. Everyone leave.
The very next day, Kartik doesn't attend class. I asked his hostel roomies, then they told.
All the scene became clear to me. For months, what had been happening, the convincing and all.
And that yesterday night he was outside and wandering the streets alone, didn't come back to room till late night and cried and spoke a lot of things, which they didn't say clearly what he said. But this in itself was huge.
Then for few days no one talked Neha.
Then slowly again Kartik started talking to her. What changed I am not sure.
Kartik moved out of hostel. Bought a flat. Neha comes and stays there most of the day.
Everything is just the way it was, them cuddling, sleeping on each others laps, her staying with him almost every time of the day. His top priority is always her. Not a day can they stay without speaking to each other.
Though her bf is still remains to be Arpit.

(Latest Update : Neha broke up with Arpit after a long period of very less interactions. Arpit is apparently still in love with her and trying to win her back.)

Disclaimer : I have tried to recreate events, locales and conversations from my memories of them. In order to maintain their anonymity in some instances I have changed the names of individuals and places, I may have changed some identifying characteristics and details such as physical properties, occupations and places of residence.

No comments:

Post a Comment